INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN
Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) confirms your right to live in the UK permanently, without any time limit and free from immigration control. Indefinite Leave to Remain is also known as Settlement or Permanent Residence. In most cases, obtaining Indefinite Leave to Remain is necessary to be apply for British Citizenship.
You can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) under the following routes:
- Full five years under spouse, civil partner, or un-married partner visa, after the rules changed in July 2012.
- Full five years under UK Ancestry Visa.
- Full five years under a work related visa (however, Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer does not qualify for settlement).
- Indefinite Leave to Remain allows you to the live in the UK for an indefinite period without restrictions.
- You will enjoy unrestricted employment.
- You can apply to Naturalise as a British Citizen after 1 year in the ILR category.
How we can help with your ILR application
- Advise on the earliest date you can apply
- If you do not meet eligibility criteria
- If your circumstances have changed since being granted the visa
- If you have gaps in your work, relationship etc.
- If you have not paid tax or not kept HMRC updated
- If you have criminal convictions
- If you have excessive number of days out of the UK within the 5 year period of time
We strongly advise you to consult with one of our immigration advisers to check your eligibility and to learn more about your situation. Our expert immigration advisers can take detailed instructions and also prepare your letter of representation to support your application. We will also explain why we believe your application should be successful giving you peace of mind.